This review is for Forever Yours (Moreno Brothers 1.5) by Elizabeth Reyes.
I have to start by saying that I'm shocked this book has such a high rating on Amazon. Like, seriously shocked. I realize that this is a book meant to fit between book 1 and 2 of her series but from what I gathered by reading it, it can be read as a standalone.
The book focuses on the two main characters, Sarah and Angel. I'm not entirely sure how long they've been dating, I think the book said 3 years. What surprised me about the characters, being together as long as they have, is the jealousy throughout the book. I'm not talking about getting a little jealous once in awhile because someone is hitting on your significant other. No, I'm talking about the insane type of jealousy, where a girl who has been best friends with a male since childhood and even mentions him once is intolerable.
The entire jealousy thing turned me off of the book completely. It was literally in every single chapter and how can anybody like a character like that? Sarah wasn't innocent in the jealousy either, although she wasn't as bad about it. What bothered me about Sarah was how completely clueless she was about situations that sounded shady from the start. If there is one thing I can't stand about female characters like that is a situation would be so obviously sketchy from the start to CHILDREN and yet an adult female doesn't see the signs until it's too late. Yeah, no.
SO anyway, the jealousy issue aside, I guess the plot was okay. Sarah's father who has been absent from her life makes contact with her and tells her she also has a brother. She emails back and forth with her brother for awhile and they decide to meet but things aren't really as they seem. I'm not going to spoil the book for anyone who will still want to read this despite the childish aspect of the book. If you can get past the jealousy and follow the plotline, you might think it was an interesting read. I did not.
I would rate this book 2 stars (1.5 if I could) on Amazon. The book is currently 3.99 at the Amazon Kindle Store.
http://www.amazon.com/Forever-Yours-Moreno-Brothers-1-5-ebook/dp/B00I0BT83Q
No comments:
Post a Comment