This review is for the book Forever Dreams (Montana Brides Book 1) by Leeanna Morgan
Recently, I decided to find books to read when I'm feeling stressed out that I can consider "mush for the brain". I don't mean a terrible book, I mean a book that's simple, about love, and something that I don't have to think about while I'm reading it. I discovered that a lot of the romance books, based in Montana, do just that for me. Now the sex scenes in most of these books are a little more than I like (I'm not really into Harlequin books), but the story lines are generally so likeable that I can get past that.
Gracie is a teacher from New Zealand who comes to the United States to find her father. All she knows about him is that he was part of the radio circuit that was in her country when she was conceived, and that her mother's last known address for him was in Montana. She came to Montana to work on a ranch (and she also was to spend some time teaching) for a few weeks while on the search for her father.
Enter Trent, owner of the ranch. He picks her up from the airport and the attraction is obvious to the reader at once. In typical romance fashion, she stays in the house with him (but separate bedrooms of course) and begins to fall for him, although she tries to deny it. This is where I got slightly annoyed by her character, because she tended to be a bit hotheaded, and Trent's character always seemed to give up too easily.
While she works on the ranch, she continues to follow leads to find her father and battle her feelings for Trent at the same time. I won't spoil the book for you, so you'll have to find out for yourself if she finds him and what happens with Trent. :)
4 star rating, and the book is currently FREE from the Amazon Kindle store!
http://www.amazon.com/Forever-Dreams-Montana-Brides-Book-ebook/dp/B00JNON0LU
No comments:
Post a Comment