Thursday, August 7, 2014

Review - Come Dancing

This review is for Come Dancing by Leslie Wells.

Imagine yourself in New York City in the early 1980s.  The SoHo district was just starting to thrive with artists moving in.  Our main character, Julia, lives there and works as a publisher's assistant with dreams of becoming an editor.

While the book does follow along with her job, a lot of it is also focused on her personal life.  This is where we meet, Jack Kipling, guitarist for a British band.  Julia plays hard to get which only intrigues him more, and he eventually manages to get her to agree to come out with him and another member of the band, as well as her best friend, Vicky.

That was all it took to turn this into a whirlwind relationship, full of the typical things you would find in the band scene in the 1980s.  A lot of drugs, sex, and parties.  Julia does have a slight jealousy streak (which I imagine would be typical dating a famous person) when it comes to other women and Jack.  Jack also has his faults, including major insecurity issues.

If  you are interested in reading a story that takes part in the past, you will probably enjoy this book.  It's not the type of book that I typically pick up but it was free so I decided to give it a chance and I'm glad I did.

5 stars, available for free at the Amazon Kindle store.
http://www.amazon.com/Come-Dancing-Leslie-Wells-ebook/dp/B00KVQAL98


(I just want to say how difficult it is to review books I really enjoy because I want to write so much more but I'm afraid I'll give out spoilers!)

No comments: