Okay so I know this is mostly focusing on chick lit, but sometimes I see a book in the Kindle store that draws me to it. Clouded Rainbow by Jonathan Sturak was one of them.
I just want to start off by saying that this book is a heartbreaker. Reviews on amazon are quite mixed for the book but I thoroughly enjoyed reading it. A lot of people complained that the author was very descriptive in the book which is true, he was. However, I felt like with some of the descriptions he used, I was actually drawn into the story and I could picture the settings.
Roger and his wife, Lois were celebrating their anniversary at a restaurant. On their way home, there is a terrible, tragic accident and the two are sent to separate hospitals. The book follows Roger's desperate journey to find and reconnect with his wife. He will do whatever it takes, which often involves breaking the law.
We are also introduced to a detective assigned to figuring out the identity of Lois. Through his discoveries, he empathizes with Roger and it becomes a race to get to him before the other police do (see above about breaking the law). The end had a twist that I did NOT see coming. I'm not going to spoil it for anyone, so I highly recommend you read the book and see for yourself!
Overall, I'd give this a 3.5 star rating. It is currently free for Kindles on Amazon!
http://www.amazon.com/Clouded-Rainbow-Jonathan-Sturak-ebook/dp/B0032UY4FW
No comments:
Post a Comment